Contest submissions are closed – we have received over 170 self-published books and book dummies from all around the world! Thank you to everyone who took part!
ISSP in collaboration with Riga Photomonth invites you to submit your photobook dummy to the SELF PUBLISH RIGA contest and exhibition 2016! We look forward to receiving unpublished photobooks and handcrafted book dummies from all over the world!
Submitting your book to the contest is free of charge.
- The winner will be awarded a free place at the International Summer School of Photography 2016 in a workshop of their choice;
- A selection of shortlisted dummies will be part of the Riga Photomonth SELF PUBLISH RIGA exhibition in May/June 2016;
- The Top Ten will be included in a special online feature.
Erik Kessels, a founding partner and creative director of the communications agency KesselsKramer, curator, publisher and photography collector (Netherlands)
Gordon MacDonald, co-director of GOST Books, founding Editor of Photoworks magazine and former Head of Publishing at Photoworks (Great Britain)
Hester Keijser, freelance curator, author of The Independent Photo Book blog, leader of the Book Case Study, a program on making and publishing photo books (Netherlands)
Vincent Marcilhacy, founder and director of the Eyes Magazine (France)
Tom Mrazauskas, brave book designer (Germany/ Lithuania)
The paper photobook dummy must be classified as a dummy book. This can either be a scrapbook dummy or a self-published book. Published books with a registration number (ISBN) are not considered dummies and will not be eligible for the shortlist.
By submitting your work you grant us permission to exhibit your dummy during Riga Photomonth 2016 and to use it for promotional purposes. Visitors of the exhibition will be able to browse the shortlisted photobook dummies.
You can either have your dummy returned to you afterwar the contest or (encouraged!) donate it to the ISSP library for further educational purposes - please indicate your choise in the application form. If you wish your dummy to be returned, you must include a self-addressed and stamped envelope so we can post it back to you.
1. Fill in the contest entry form, print it out and save the file.
2. Send us your photobook dummy together with the print-out of the entry form.
Raiņa bulvāris 31 - 11
3. After posting the book, email us an electronic version of the entry form to email@example.com.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org